Dishes that make your mouth water
Everyone loves trying and eating different dishes and delicious cuisines. However, people love fried, baked, or calorie-laden foods. Although these foods are good for finger licking, they are not good for your health. Therefore, people are often faced with the dilemma of choosing between taste and health. But don’t worry, we have the solution to this problem for you. Wouldn’t you feel amazing if you could eat the tastiest dishes without worrying about gaining weight? So, we will see 3 amazing low calorie and delicious dishes here.
Honey garlic chicken
Chicken is one of the most consumed non-vegetarian cuisines in the world. Each country has its unique chicken recipes that people cook and love. However, a kitchen’s calorie count depends on its ingredients and cooking style. Here we will see the recipe for chicken with garlic and honey. At about 200 calories, this dish is not only delicious but also low in calories.
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons of natural honey
- 1 lemon juice
- Sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 450gms of chicken breasts (without bones or skin)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Sliced onion
- First of all, you need to preheat the oven to 340 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add the honey, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Mix all the ingredients well until well mixed.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large ovenproof skillet. Put the chicken in the skillet and heat it over medium-high heat adding. Add salt and pepper as a seasoning to the chicken.
- Let it cook until the base of the chicken is golden brown. After that, flip it over to cook the other side as well.
- Add the mixture prepared in step two over the chicken and put the pan in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken loses its pink texture.
- Add the chicken to a hot broiler and use a spoon to caramelize the mixture added in step five.
- After 2-3 minutes, add chopped onions and sesame seeds as a topping.
Spinach is one of the healthiest fiber-rich green leafy vegetables in the world. It is an excellent source of vitamin K, protein, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, fiber, and calcium. Therefore, several medical research studies link spinach to improved immunity, bones, vision, teeth, and protection against cancer. In addition, it contains few calories, which makes it a good vegetable for weight control.
On the other hand, corn is a excellent remedy for digestive system problems. Plus, it’s a great source of B vitamins, along with minerals like zinc, iron, manganese, copper, and magnesium. Thus, it helps to boost weight loss while providing the necessary nutrition to the body.
- A bunch of spinach / A bowl of pureed spinach
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon butter / ghee
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 green chilies
- 4 tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- Rinse the spinach leaves well under running water.
- In a skillet, add 4 cups of water and spinach leaves. When it starts to boil, cover the pan and cook the spinach for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat, let this mixture cool completely and blend the spinach in the mixer until a smooth paste forms.
- Boil the sweet corn in 2 cups of water for 4-5 minutes. Strain the corns and set them aside.
- To temper (tadka), take a frying pan or non-stick pan and add oil.
- Add the grated ginger and garlic, and sauté for a minute while continuously stirring.
- Add the chopped onion and cook it until it changes color.
- Blend the tomatoes and chilies in a grinder. Add this puree to the pan. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add pureed spinach, red chili powder, and salt according to taste.
- Add the sweet ears, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put out the flame. Add butter / ghee on top.
- Serve hot with whole wheat chapatti.
Whole Wheat Vegetable Pizza
Well, everyone loves a delicious pizza to be honest. However, many people do not consider the pizzas available in restaurants to be healthy. So, here is a healthy pizza recipe under 200 calories, which you can easily cook at home with whole wheat flour. This recipe includes several healthy veggies, making for a healthy and nutritious pizza. Also, it is a good alternative to marketing pizza if you are focusing on weight management.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or melted butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Vegetables: chopped onions, bell pepper, bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, olives
- Shredded pizza cheese (mozzarella and cheddar)
- Combine whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, and melted butter or olive oil. Add water little by little and knead until it becomes a smooth dough. Set it aside for 30 minutes.
- For the pizza sauce, add a teaspoon of olive oil to a nonstick skillet. Add grated garlic, diced tomatoes, salt, sugar, oregano, and chili flakes. Cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Take the dough and roll it out in a circle. Now use a fork to poke holes in the base to avoid bubbles.
- Add pizza sauce to the base.
- Add onions, peppers. Mushrooms, broccoli and bell peppers.
- Add pizza cheese. Add olives on top of the cheese.
- Cook the pizza for 12-15 minutes in the oven.
Food to go!
So these are the 3 delicious low calorie dishes that you can prepare at home. However, there are endless ideas and recipes to prepare delicious dishes without worrying about losing weight. You can always share your recipe ideas with everyone in the comment section below.
Thanks To You