These 5 foods can help you feel better when you are sick
As we approach autumn and the temperature begins to drop, many people get sick. This, coupled with being on a college campus, means that many people become infected at the same time. Whether you have a sore throat, a stuffy nose, or just a cold, here are 5 foods that can help you feel better.
- Soup and broths. While this may seem obvious, hot broths will help relieve your sinuses and make you feel less congested. They are also good sources of fluids and electrolytes. Read more about the health benefits here!
- Bananas. Bananas are excellent food when you are sick because they are easily broken down and full of fast-acting carbohydrates. Plus, they contain potassium, which can help you replenish the electrolytes that you may have lost!
- Spicy food. While this may seem random, spicy foods actually contain an ingredient called capsaicin, which can help relieve your sinuses and dissolve mucus.
- Leafy vegetables. Leafy vegetables are a great source of vitamins your body may need when it’s sick! Add them to your soup and you will barely notice them.
- Salmon. A great source of protein, salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to have anti-inflammatory effects to help boost your immune system!
You can read about other foods that can help with illness here! In addition, health and wellness offers many amazing resources when it comes to nutrition. You can make an appointment for a nutritional consultation here! No matter what you eat, getting plenty of rest and frequent hydration can also help you feel better faster!
Let us know what you would like to eat in case of illness by emailing us at [email protected]!
Thank You For Reading!