Every morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which one it should be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow is not here yet. I only have one day, today, and I will be happy in it.
That’s why I thought I’d share with all of you out there today, not just those starting your journey toward health and happiness, but those who have already started.
So often we make resolutions, but unfortunately many of us lose our momentum.
Willpower is vital to achieving anything worthwhile, however developing healthy habits replaces willpower with a new internal “program” focused on simplifying and achieving your goals.
To further the emphasis on developing healthy habits, I know you’ll enjoy (pun intended) some of the timeless favorite quotes below that will inspire healthy habits because they’re designed to help you develop that winning spirit we all carry deep within us , to regain and revitalize core of our being.
1. “Motivation makes you run. Habit keeps you going.” ~ Jim Ryun
2. Optimal health is a journey, taking one step, one habit, and one day at a time.” —Dr. Wayne Scott Andersen
3. “Anything you’re used to, if done long enough, begins to seem natural, even though it may not be.” ~ Julien Smith
4. “The will to win is nowhere near as important as the will to prepare to win.” – Bobby Ritter
5. “Excellence is an art acquired through training and habituation. We do not do right because we have virtue or excellence, we have them because we have done right. We are what we repeatedly do. So excellence is not an act, but a habit.” ~Aristotle
6. “What you must do and how you must do it is incredibly simple. Whether you’re willing to do it is another matter.” – Peter F. Drucker
7. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; – Margaret Met
You know, and I know, the way we do everything is the way we do everything and therefore we become what we repeatedly do. Come on, grab the tiger! “Just do it! First you make your habits, then your habits make you!” ~ Lucas Remmerswaal
“Your beliefs become your thoughts, your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions, your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values, your values become your destiny.” ~ Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Thanks to Donald Pillai