How to Fix a Sexless Marriage
Finding yourself in a marriage without sex overnight can be very frustrating. It can even be devastating for many.
In special situations in which there is nothing left but to step back. Couples can survive without physical intimacy for some time, but not for long, depending on each individual’s needs in the field.
The good news is that there are ways to resolve the dire prospects of a sexless marriage if both parties are ready to devote themselves to it.
The fabulous role of emotional intimacy in women
While it’s true that physical intimacy allows at least men to keep emotional intimacy alive, there are many couples who can survive with relative satisfaction as long as the emotional intimacy is good enough.
Because if there is an adequate level of emotional intimacy, caresses, kisses, and hugs can be given without the sexual act being performed. And that’s enough for some couples.
Can Some Sexless Marriages Work?
Yes, as long as you don’t complain about that lack of intimacy.
It is important that the two of you come to an explicit or implicit agreement that sexual relationships are no longer that important to being happy. However, if either of the two is uncomfortable with such an agreement, the emotional connection also falls into crisis.
And without these two types of intimacy, survival in marriage becomes much more difficult.
And what if either of them is dissatisfied with little or no physical intimacy?
In this case it is imperative to work with the advice of a therapist or Sexologist and that they move forward as a team, understand and support each other.
It is necessary to review the causes that motivated sexual withdrawal. They can be as diverse as
- Have very young children
- Having no privacy to make love
- Physical and mental exhaustion
In addition to high stress, impaired health, disability, falling hormone levels, aging and decreased libido, etc.
While intercourse in the marriage bed does not revive, we must find other ways of loving each other physically.
What should I do?
Here are 7 tips or recommendations to bring sexual intimacy back into your marriage:
- Free up space in your diaries to share valuable and intimate time. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with planning a romantic date that ends in bed.
- Clarify your mind about your own sexual needs and desires and express them to your spouse.
- Develop a healthier relationship with your own body.
- Talk to your partner without fear of sex, because from the moment you get married, he can and should no longer have any secrets in this area.
- Play in the room, have fun, massage, relax, explore your body.
- Spend more time on the preamble stage kissing different parts of the body.
- Solve the problems that cause stress and worsen the relationship and past trauma with the help of a specialist.
Remember that in a marriage there is no problem that there is no solution to when there is love, especially when you work as a team!
Thank You For Reading!