Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars, vegan and gluten free! You’ll love these clear meals bars! Pecan Pie Crust with a non-baked cheesecake filling.
This recipe was first revealed in 2015 and up to date in October 2020.
Lately I’ve drawn increasingly more into the time of thanks and gratitude. As this yr reminded us, life is brief and I’m extra grateful than ever for issues that I usually take with no consideration: family and friends, a loving accomplice and safety.
I’ve been pulling the plug increasingly more today to attach with family members, to eat, drink and be pleased. For me, this season is a delicate reminder to be current, to place down my cellular phone and laptop computer and to spend time on the eating desk with people who find themselves near my coronary heart. Meals is unquestionably my love language, that is how I join with others and I do know that this is applicable to so many people. Once we meet a brand new neighbor, we greet with meals. When a child is born, we rejoice with meals. When one thing tragic occurs to somebody we love, we console ourselves with meals. It’s an providing of care and consideration that may function reinforcement or an alternative choice to phrases. Meals forges bonds and neighborhood.
Vegan pecan pie cheesecake bars
To say thanks, I would prefer to introduce you to one in all my favourite recipes lately, these no-bake pecan pie cheesecake bars. They are a slight riff on my pumpkin pie pecan bars that I shared final yr, this time with a wealthy, creamy, dairy-free filling.
Whereas these bars are positively cleaner than most cheesecake bars, they’re nonetheless a deal with. However I agree with that. I care much less about energy and fats grams than what goes into my meals. I’d a lot quite take pleasure in a dessert constituted of nuts and pure sweeteners than one loaded with overly processed meals.
The pecan cake is so decadent that I will not blame you for skipping the cheesecake filling! I swear I am going to eat about half the filling earlier than urgent it into the baking pan. It is candy, salty, and buttery – similar to I do know pecan cake. The filling is a vegan cheesecake layer made completely of coconut, cashews, and maple syrup. This mixture of triple threats makes nobody miss the dairy. Though it tastes similar to conventional cheesecake, I desire this mixture because it would not include that heavy cheese aftertaste.
I examined this recipe the identical day I made a rapid caramel sauce for myself Everyday chef Column and determined to drizzle the leftovers on these bars after that they had cooled. Naturally sweetened caramel sauce on pecan cheesecake bars? I do not know the way it will get higher. It is non-obligatory, however you probably have the time, I extremely suggest that you just make it. Do that a day or two upfront to avoid wasting worthwhile oven house. They’re finest saved within the freezer and pulled out to room temperature 15 minutes earlier than serving.
Hope you take pleasure in these vegan pecan pie cheesecake bars as a lot as we do! In the event you’re making ready for a vacation bake, these retailer rather well within the freezer! I launched these bars to Vander a number of weeks in the past and he appeared me straight within the eye and mentioned, “Mother, I really like these bars.” I do know child me too
In the event you do this recipe, please let me know! Go away a remark, price it and tag yours Instagram Images with #delishknowledge. I completely love See your creations. Have enjoyable cooking!
Pecan pie crust
- Three cups uncooked pecans, divided
- 5 tbsp. mild brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 6 tbsp. Non-dairy butter, diced (I just like the Earth Steadiness model)
Vegan cheesecake filling
- 1 cup uncooked cashew nuts, soaked for a minimum of 2-Three hours
- 1/eight cup Lemon juice
- 1/Three cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Full-fat coconut milk (in a can, not in a field. You want full-fat for it to arrange correctly)
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
Maple and caramel topping, non-obligatory
- 1/Four cup actual maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Almond butter (peanut or different nut butters work too)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea-salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Add 2½ cups of pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt Food processor and pulse till roughly chopped.
- Add butter and legumes till the combination is finely floor and resembles moist sand. Squeeze the pecan combination right into a well-greased or parchment-lined 8×8 pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes till calmly coloured and aromatic. Put aside till cool.
- Place the drained and rinsed cashew nuts, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk, and maple syrup in a robust resolution mixer and puree till creamy and easy. This course of can take as much as 5 minutes relying on the efficiency mixer. Pour the cheesecake filling onto the crust.
- Chop the remaining 1/2 cup pecans and sprinkle them on the cheesecake.
- In the event you’re utilizing maple syrup topping, mix maple syrup and almond butter in a small saucepan and prepare dinner over medium warmth, stirring regularly, for about 2-Three minutes till thick. Stir in vanilla extract and sea salt and let cool barely. Drizzle over the cheesecake topping.
- Place within the fridge / freezer for a minimum of 4-6 hours till they’re agency. These are higher positioned within the freezer, however might want to thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes earlier than they’re able to be sliced.