This spinach, artichoke and quinoa casserole is stuffed with greens, simple to arrange, and completely creamy! It takes the traditional flavors of spinach and artichoke dip and makes it for dinner. Do it tonight for dinner or for a easy recipe for making meals all week!
Spinach and artichoke dip or casserole?
Do you’re keen on a heat and tacky spinach casserole dip? We additionally! We have now this scrumptious baked spinach and artichoke dip that we simply love! We took the spinach and artichoke combo and took it up a notch and made a scrumptious spinach and artichoke casserole.
All we did was add some additional veggies and quinoa (as a result of we love quinoa recipes on FFF) and it turned a mean wholesome starter right into a scrumptious wholesome dinner! We’re obsessed!
Every little thing you want
The good factor about this recipe is that you just throw all of the components right into a greased baking dish, cowl with a scrumptious sauce and bake! Here’s what you want.
- Andean millet
- White onion
- cream cheese
- Garlic powder
Every little thing revolves across the cheese sauce
What Makes This Quinoa Casserole Creamy? The cheese sauce, in fact! It is as simple as doing 1-2-Three too!
Generally sauces are thickened with cornstarch or a roux, however this casserole is thickened with a cheese sauce and the starch from the potatoes.
All it’s important to do is combine the broth, cream cheese, and milk in a blender, then pour over all of the components within the baking dish! Whereas the casserole is baking, the starch from the potatoes and cheese sauce seems scrumptious!
You could stir this casserole midway by way of the baking time. If you need your casserole to be just a little sassy, you’ll be able to add just a little extra broth to the casserole at this level!
Suggestions + methods for the right quinoa casserole
Spray the dish
Ensure that to spray the bowl earlier than including components to the baking dish! Why? As a result of typically cheese and quinoa can get just a little sticky and make cleansing robust!
Liquid: quinoa ratio
The ratio of liquid to quinoa is often 1: 3.5. On this recipe we use 1 half cups of quinoa and four half cups of liquid (broth and milk). Nevertheless, you’ll be able to all the time add extra liquid to your casserole if you would like it just a little naughty!
Cowl the casserole
Protecting the casserole with aluminum foil or a casserole cowl is essential. It traps the warmth within the baking dish and lets the quinoa prepare dinner completely! We take away the lid from the baking dish after 30 minutes.
Let it sit
Whenever you take the casserole out of the oven, it is rather necessary that you just let it sit for a minimum of 10 minutes. It provides the entry liquid time to settle within the baking dish. In case your casserole appears too watery, give it a while to sit down and that may change!
- 1.5 cups raw white quinoa
- 4th Cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 massive rust-red potato, lower into small cubes
- half medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 15 ounce canned artichoke hearts, diced
- 5 oz. contemporary spinach
- 1 cup 2% milk
- four oz. cream cheese
- 1/four cup 2% Greek yogurt
- Three cups Vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- half teaspoon Salt-
- 1/four teaspoon floor pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/four cup grated parmesan cheese
- First, preheat the oven to 375ºF and spray a big baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Subsequent, add the quinoa, garlic, potato, onion, chopped artichoke hearts, and spinach to the underside of your baking dish and blend.
- Put milk, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, vegetable broth and spices in a single High speed mixer and blend up till all the things is combined collectively.
- Pour sauce on greens, then combine to ensure all the things is soaked.
- Cowl the baking dish with a bit of aluminum foil, then bake at 375ºF for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven and blend. Cowl and bake for an additional 15 minutes or till you’ll be able to simply pierce your potatoes with a fork and the quinoa has sprouted.
- Take out of the oven, cowl with cheese and place within the oven uncovered for an additional 5 minutes to soften the cheese.
Serving measurement: 1/8