Where To Start With Sarcoidosis Natural Treatment Options
Confusion about the natural treatment of sarcoidosis
After 10 years of research helping people survive sarcoidosis with natural treatments, I have concluded that there are many clinical studies to back this up Sarcoidosis Natural Treatment Options such as diet, exercise, breathing techniques, supplementation, and more are beneficial in helping the body overcome sarcoid. The problem is that these findings are not finding their way into traditional medicine, leaving it up to sarcoid patients to be their own advocates and reclaim their health. This is exactly what we had to do after years of medical treatment.
People often ask what to do first when going the natural way. I encourage everyone to make these healthy choices, even if they are undergoing medical treatment. Your health is your choice and you need to know enough about your options to make an informed and informed decision.
3 steps to treat sarcoid naturally to get started:
First you need to establish a baseline to measure your improvement or lack thereof. Everyone is different and if you suffer from sarcoidosis you should know that this disease affects everyone’s body differently and has 4 stages; similar to cancer…the higher the number, the further the disease progressed. So the first 2 things to consider is getting a food intolerance test and a thermogram.
- A food intolerance test is not a food allergy test. This test will tell you if you have any food intolerances that need treatment to stop underlying inflammation, pain, coughing, etc. These are all common food intolerance symptoms that can actually be caused by foods that we all think are healthy. Be sure to do the blood draw test and not the fingerstick. After the age of 10, fingerprinting is not that effective.
- A themogram is a diagnostic test (not covered by most insurance companies) that is non-invasive, does not require radiation, and is much less expensive than a CT or PET scan. Simply put, a thermogram takes pictures of body heat and shows where your body is mildly or severely inflamed. Scientific tests have shown that thermography is able to detect pre-cancerous tissue up to 5 years earlier than mammography etc. This is an exception for those with granular sarcoid tumors that show up on a thermal scan. Doing a baseline test and following up every 6-12 months will tell you if everything is ok Sarcoidosis Natural Treatment Efforts or medical treatment efforts are working.
- Once you know if there are any foods to avoid and you have a “inflammatory” baseline (you know where the granules are and how big/inflamed they are), you can now cut out the foods that you not tolerate. VERY IMPORTANT. Then start a sarcoid diet.
Sarcoidosis Natural Treatment & Sarcoidosis Diet
The sarcoid diet at best would be a fully vegan and mostly raw diet. Well, I know most people will NEVER stick to this type of diet for a lifetime, so here are 3 things you can start making changes today. These 3 simple natural sarcoid treatment options have helped hundreds of sarkies improve their energy levels, cleanse the body of any residual toxins like leftover prednisone, and reduce inflammation.
1. Stop all dairy products except eggs (unless you have an egg sensitivity, of course). Dairy products are highly flammable and the US diary is packed with pus, hormones, antibiotics, etc.
2. Drink 1/2 ounce of water for every 1 pound of body weight per day. Example: If you weigh 180 pounds. You should drink 90 ounces of water a day. Preferably filtered and at room temperature (this helps the body absorb it faster).
3. Now for what you can eat! You want to eat foods that inhibit tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α). Studies have shown that TNF-α, a 17.5 kd protein, plays an important role in antigen-stimulated, cell-mediated immune responses and in the development of non-caseating granulomas in a variety of diseases, including sarcoidosis. Therefore, a diet rich in anti-inflammatory foods that naturally inhibit tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) and daily practices that help your body stop and potentially reverse this disease can be the tipping point for your health . Natural TNF-α inhibitors include; Fucoidan, Curcumin (Turmeric), Quercetin and Resveratrol, Green Tea, Cat’s Claw, CoQ10 and Tart Cherry Juice.
If you have sarcoidosis, there are many other lifestyle changes you can make to help your body overcome the symptoms and potentially halt the disease altogether. We cannot write about them all here, otherwise this article would be a novel. To read more, click Natural Treatment for Sarcoidosis and you know, just because the disease is a mystery doesn’t mean your choices have to be.
Thanks to Dani Walker