I will attempt to answer these for you: What exercises work your gluteus minimus? What causes weak gluteus minimus? Is the gluteus minimus important? How do you strengthen gluteus minimus and medius? To find out more about Gluteus minimus exercises bodybuilding, Read on!
Gluteus minimus exercises bodybuilding
Do you know the longest and strongest muscle group in the human body? It is the glutes that are present in your buttocks or hip area. This muscle group includes three glutes, namely maximus, medius and minimus. Of these, the gluteus minimus lies in the outer area of the hips. Essentially, this muscle works together with the gluteus muscle to help the thighs abduct and rotate. Here we are going to look at the 9 best Gluteus minimus exercises bodybuilding.
Side plank dips with leg raises
Target muscles – Gluteus minimus, hip adductors, gluteus medius, abdominal muscles, obliques
Side plank dips with leg raises is a very effective exercise for working multiple body muscles at the same time. This exercise helps tone and strengthen the gluteal and hip adductors. Additionally, it helps build a strong core by targeting the abdominal and oblique muscles. The best thing about this workout is that you don’t need any equipment to do it.
How do you do the side plank dips with leg raises?
- Lie on your right on the floor. Make sure your body is perfectly straight from head to toe.
- Now lift your torso by placing your right elbow just below your shoulder.
- After that, slowly lift your butt off the floor using core strength. Stop when your head, back, thighs, knees, and toes are in a straight line.
- Then lift your left leg in the air without bending it.
- Reverse these steps to return to the location in step two.
- Repeat these steps 15-20 times per set and switch sides.
Muscles trained – Gluteus Minimus, Maximus & Medius, Hamstrings, Back, Shoulders, Core, Lats
Kettlebell Swings is one of the best full body workouts to build strength, flexibility and mobility. This super effective exercise helps tone and strengthen the gluteus muscles, especially the gluteus minimus. In addition to this, it also helps to strengthen the core, back, and arms. For this exercise you will need a kettlebell weighing 5-10 kg.
How do you do the kettlebell swings exercise?
- Stand straight with both feet shoulder-width apart. Hold the handle of the kettlebell with both hands.
- Keep your arms straight and bend your torso forward to swing the kettlebell between your legs.
- Stand up again by thrusting your hips forward to swing and raise the kettlebell in front of your chest.
- Then bend your upper body forward again and do the same steps again.
- Repeat these steps 15-20 times per set.
Lying hip abductions
Muscle trained – Gluteus minimus, gluteus medius, hip flexor, core
Lying hip abduction is an excellent exercise for toning and strengthening the gluteal muscles. This exercise will help improve knee stability and build that perfect rounded buttock. This training is also ideal for strengthening the core muscles.
How do you do the lying hip abduction exercise?
- Lie on the right on the floor. Lift your torso off the floor by placing your right elbow just below your shoulders.
- Now contract your gluteus minimus to raise your left leg straight up in the air.
- Lift it as high as possible for you, then bring it back to the starting position.
- Repeat these steps 15-20 times per set, then switch sides.
Muscles trained – Gluteus minimus, gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, hips, core
Fire hydrants are an extremely effective one Buttock lift and Design exercise. This exercise targets all of the glutes, as well as the core and hips. In addition, it is also very helpful in relieving back pain and reducing the risk of injury.
How do you do the fire hydrant exercise?
- Get on all fours with your knees bent and arms straight under your shoulders.
- Lift your right knee off the floor and lift it to the right. Stop when it is parallel to your stomach.
- Bring your right leg back to the starting position and repeat the same steps.
- Repeat these steps 15-20 times per set, switching legs.
Muscles trained – Glutes, hamstrings, quads, hip flexors, inner and outer thighs
When it comes to the equipment-free lower body exercises, side lunges are one of the best. This amazing workout helps tone, strengthen, and build all of the lower body muscles. In addition, it helps to make your body more agile, stable, balanced and agile.
How do you do the side lunge exercise?
- Stand straight with both feet twice your shoulder width apart.
- Now bend your right knee to lower your body on the right side. Make sure that your back and left leg are completely straight.
- Lower your body as much as possible without losing your balance.
- Tense your glutes to raise your body back to the starting position.
- Now do the same steps towards your left side again.
- Repeat these steps 15-30 times on each side per set.
Muscles trained – Glutes, quadriceps, hip abductors
As the name suggests, this exercise is another variation on the standard lunging exercise. Curtsy Lunges are known for perfectly shaping, building, and strengthening the buttocks. In addition to this, it also helps improve the general balance, stability, and explosive power of the lower body.
How do you do the Curtsy Lunges exercise?
- Stand straight with both feet hip-width apart. To make this exercise more effective, hold a dumbbell near your shoulders in each hand.
- Now lift your right foot and place it 12-15 inches behind your left foot.
- At the same time, lower your body by bending both knees at a 90-degree angle. So your right knee is almost touching the floor while your left knee is bent forward.
- Hold this position for a second, then reverse these steps to return to the starting position.
- Repeat these steps with alternating legs 15-20 times per set.
Muscles trained – Gluteus minimus, gluteus maximus, thighs, torso, abdominal muscles
As you can imagine, the glute bridge is an exercise that primarily targets your glutes. In addition, it helps build strength, balance, stability, and mobility of the lower body. It is also an excellent workout for toning and strengthening the core and abdominal region. The best thing about this exercise is that you don’t need any special equipment to do it.
How do you do the glute bridge exercise?
- Lie on your back straight on the floor. Place your arms on the floor near your buttocks.
- Bend your knees to bring your feet up to your buttocks.
- After that, squeeze your glutes to lift your buttocks off the floor. Stop when your chest, torso, and knees are in a straight line.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and then slowly lower your body to the starting position.
- Repeat these steps a few times a day.
Barbell hip thrust
Muscles trained – Glutes, hamstrings, hip adductors, quadriceps, core
Barbell Hip Thrust is the perfect exercise for building lower body and core strength. It helps carve perfectly tinted buttocks for you. In addition, it helps improve the mobility and stability of athletes and the elderly.
How do you do the dumbbell hip push exercise?
- Sit in the center of a gymnastics bench and place a barbell on your thighs.
- Now slide your body down to bring your upper back onto the bench. This will keep your knees, buttocks, back, and shoulders in a straight line.
- After that, lower your hips as much as possible while squeezing your glutes.
- After reaching the lowest point, slowly raise your body back to the starting position.
- Repeat these steps 15-20 times per set.
Internal rotation leg raises
Muscles trained – Glutes, hips, hamstrings, quadriceps
Internal rotation leg raises are one of the best lower body exercises without equipment. This exercise helps tone, build, and strengthen the body Glutes. In addition to this, it also helps improve the range of motion and flexibility of the lower body.
How to do the internal rotation leg raise exercise?
- Lie on your back straight on the floor.
- Bend your knees to bring your feet closer to your buttocks.
- Now lift your right leg and place it crossed on your left thigh.
- After that, raise your left leg to bring both legs towards your abdominal area.
- Then slowly bring it back to its previous position.
- Repeat these steps 15-20 times per set, then switch legs.
The bottom line!
So, these are the 9 most effective gluteus minimus exercises for bodybuilding. When you incorporate these exercises into your regular workout, you can achieve amazing results in no time. However, you need to eat nutrient-rich and protein-rich foods instead of high-calorie foods. A licensed nutritionist can guide you much better. Also, be careful not to overexert your body as this can lead to serious problems or injury.
Thank You For Reading!