Apple oat biscuits (soft and tough!)
These delicate and chewy apple oat biscuits are wholesome, tasty and go completely with a morning cup of espresso! Make double the quantity of cookies so you might have extra for the week!
Wholesome breakfast cookies
Say hiya to probably the most scrumptious apple and oat cookies in the entire nation. These cookies are excellent any time of the yr, however particularly fall when there are an abundance of scrumptious apples!
We love to include apples and applesauce into our baked items. They act as a pure sweetener, including further moisture to what they comprise.
Our cinnamon apple bread, apple pie and scrumptious apple chips are a few of our favourite apple recipes proper now!
Why are these apple cookies so good and the way are they wholesome? Let me depend all of the methods.
- These cookies are sweetened with applesauce and brown sugar. A bit of pure and slightly sugar. It is the proper mixture.
- You possibly can have these cookies for breakfast, sure BREAKFAST! They’re full of oats and apples and go nice with a cup of espresso.
- It’s at all times a good suggestion to double the quantity of those cookies! Put half of those cookies within the freezer so you’ll be able to entry scrumptious cookies perpetually!
All the things you want for these cookies
Don’t fret, all the elements in these biscuits are accessible and straightforward to seek out! Right here, you could find all the pieces you want!
- Entire grain white wheat
- baking powder
- Unsweetened apple sauce
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
Do not have among the elements on the record above? That is wonderful, there are very simple ingredient modifications.
- White complete wheat -> all-purpose flour
- oatmeal-> Prepare dinner the oats shortly
- Unsweetened apple sauce -> banana puree
- Brown sugar -> coconut sugar
Apple Oat Cookies 101
How do you put together apples for apple oat biscuits?
To arrange your apples for pickling these biscuits, we advocate peeling your apples after which chopping them into small items.
What sort of apples ought to I take advantage of in these cookies?
You should utilize any apple you might have in these cookies. We used gala apples!
What can I add to those Apple Oat Cookies?
The sky is the restrict on the subject of mix-ins for these apple and oatmeal cookies! Beneath are some mix-ins that we might add to those cookies!
- Mini chocolate chips
As a result of these cookies are delicate and chewy, we advocate storing them in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Let your cookies cool fully earlier than transferring them to a container for storage. Lasts as much as 3-5 days.
Permit the biscuits to chill fully, then place apple and oat biscuits on a baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes earlier than transferring to a gallon-sized freezer-proof bag.
Lasts as much as Three months.
- 1.5 cups oatmeal, flippantly powdered (or quick-cooking oats)
- 1 cup White Whole wheat flour
- half of teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3/four cup wonderful diced recent apples, + extra for topping (~1 medium gala apple)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar, packaged
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1.5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Subsequent, place dry elements in a big bowl and blend to mix.
- Then add the moist elements (minus the melted coconut oil) to a medium-sized bowl and whisk. Add moist elements to dry and blend once more. Lastly add the melted coconut oil and blend once more. Your batter ought to be thinner than common cookie dough and resemble a thick oatmeal.
- Subsequent, use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the batter onto the baking sheet. Use your palms to straighten cookies as they do not stretch an excessive amount of as they bake. If desired, place the diced recent apple on prime.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12-16 minutes (relying in your oven) or till the underside begins to brown. Take out of the oven and instantly switch to a cooling shelf.
- Mud the biscuits with floor cinnamon earlier than serving.
Serving measurement: 1/20