Professional footballer Thomas Hal Robson Kanu reveals 3 healthy recipes to help you incorporate turmeric into your diet
Turmeric is one of the most useful and powerful nutritional supplements you can find – this is largely thanks to curcumin, the main active ingredient in turmeric.
Curcumin offers your body a wide variety of natural benefits. It has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is also a powerful antioxidant, which means that it is perfect for relieving pain and preventing certain diseases.
However, curcumin is not easy for your body to absorb, which means that you need to make conscious effort to get enough turmeric in your normal diet.
Get Your Curcumin Fix Using These Three Simple Recipes …
# 1 turmeric pancakes
Including turmeric in your pancake recipe is a brilliant way to boost your curcumin intake while adding a unique color and flavor to the dish.
It’s quick and easy too, which makes it a great option for a nutritious breakfast or healthy dessert.
- 200g self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 25g butter
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp honey
1. Combine all of your ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat them until smooth – this is your pancake batter.
2. Heat a small piece of butter in a non-stick pan.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of your batter to prepare each pancake and rotate them into a circle with the back of your spoon.
4. Bake on one side for 2-3 minutes and then turn with a spatula – bake for another minute, until the pancake is golden brown and cooked through!
5. If you want to bake a stack of pancakes and keep some warm while you finish the rest, you can put them in the oven on a tray on the lowest setting.
# 2 scrambled turmeric eggs
Turmeric is super easy to incorporate into scrambled eggs and the unique taste gives this classic a new dimension.
This is a great recipe for breakfast, brunch, or a post-workout meal.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 100g spinach leaves
- 4 large eggs
- 50ml coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of grated turmeric
- 2 slices of roasted sourdough (optional)
1. Put the coconut oil in a non-stick pan and heat over medium heat.
2. Fry the chopped garlic (be careful not to burn it) then add your spinach leaves. Let these wither gently for a few minutes and just add a splash of water when they stick to the pan.
3. Whisk your eggs with the coconut milk and the all-important turmeric. Season with salt and pepper.
4. After whisking with the spinach and garlic, add to the pan.
5. Stir continuously for 5-7 minutes to avoid drying out the eggs, and keep stirring until the consistency you want is reached.
6. Serve your eggs either alone or on toasted sourdough bread.
# 3 turmeric smoothie bowl
Mixing up a bowl of turmeric smoothie is one of the easiest ways to add more curcumin to your diet. This is a healthy and nutritious dish that makes for an excellent breakfast.
- 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric
- 3 tbsp coconut milk yoghurt – alternatively, use the skimmed cream from coconut milk cans
- 50g oats
- 1 tbsp cashew butter or a handful of cashew nuts
- 2 bananas – peeled and cut into pieces
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
1. Put all smoothie ingredients with 600 ml of water in a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Serve in a bowl and garnish with chia seeds if you like.
If you can incorporate these recipes into your diet on a regular basis, you will be well on your way to enjoying the natural benefits of turmeric.
However, sometimes you don’t always have the time or ingredients to prepare some of these dishes.
No fear – Turmeric shots are an ingeniously convenient way to feed your body with all of the natural goodness of curcumin.
They are designed to help your body absorb the nutrients quickly and easily, meaning you can experience all of the benefits of turmeric without preparation.
Whatever your preference, finding a way to increase your turmeric intake is a great idea for your health and wellbeing.
If you want to improve your well-being, mental health and general lifestyle through functional nutrition, Thomas Hal Robson canoe suggests trying an energizing, brain fog eliminating, health promoting effect Raw Turmeric Shot from The Turmeric Co.
Further Healthista content:
5 ways your exercise regimen could mess up your sleep
Looking for book recommendations? 5 top reads for every woman this summer
Conception: should I get an ovarian reserve test?
Why am i bloated? How hormones affect digestion and what to do about it
Warning signs of cancerous birthmarks and what to do about them
Thank You For Reading!