Say good day to the extra pleasant fall dessert you have ever tried – pumpkin and oatmeal cookies produced from maple syrup, cashew butter, and pumpkin puree!
They’re sticky, pumpkin-like, and made with wholesome elements! These pumpkin and oatmeal cookie bars are the right wholesome dessert recipe for any fall event.
In terms of wholesome desserts, we love utilizing nutrient-rich elements that not solely style nice, however are good for you too! Listed here are some principal elements:
Pumpkin puree: Pumpkin is a good supply of vitamin A and provides it an awesome style. When searching for pumpkin puree within the retailer, be sure you purchase unsweetened pumpkin puree that has no components!
Cashew butter: Cashew butter provides simply the correct quantity of fats in addition to a scrumptious nutty taste. Simply be certain that the cashew butter you’re utilizing is dripping moist and simple to stir with a spoon. Do not have cashew butter? Attempt almond butter as a substitute!
Maple syrup: Maple syrup is our most popular liquid plant-based sweetener. Not solely does it add sweetness, it additionally provides just a little heat to carry out the superb style of the pumpkin.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: Make your personal pumpkin pie seasoning for this recipe. You will have:
- floor nutmeg
- floor ginger
- Floor carnations
Pumpkin bars for each event
What we love about these bars is that just about everybody who has tried them completely loves them! They’re an awesome addition to potlucks, household dinners, and numerous different events.
- Halloween social gathering
- Faculty enjoyment
- Thanksgiving / Christmas
- Household celebrations
Extra wholesome pumpkin bars
Do you will have a can of butternut squash puree at dwelling? Use that rather than pumpkin puree! You are able to do the identical with mashed candy potatoes as nicely. Each can be scrumptious in these bars.
Tips on how to save cookie bars
We suggest protecting these bars within the fridge for lengthy lasting outcomes! If you happen to eat them immediately, they’re going to be lined on the counter for as much as 2-Three days.
Are you able to make these gluten free?
To make these pumpkin oatmeal bars gluten-free, exchange the white wholemeal flour with a gluten-free flour combination of your selection and use licensed gluten-free flour.
Are you able to make these vegan?
Whereas we did not attempt to make these vegan, you’ll be able to attempt swapping the egg for a flax egg to make this utterly vegetable. Additionally, remember to make use of a non-dairy chocolate chip.
Are you able to freeze these bars?
These bars might be simply frozen. After cooling them utterly, lower them into 9 squares. Then place on a baking sheet and place within the freezer.
Freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then switch them to a gallon-sized freezer-proof plastic bag, take away as a lot air as potential, and seal it. These bars last as long as Three months within the freezer.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- half of cup white complete wheat flour
- 1/Three cup Coconut sugar (or gentle brown sugar)
- half of teaspoon baking powder
- half of teaspoon Baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons Pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1/Three cup Chocolate items (+ extra in regards to the topping, if desired)
- 1 large egg
- half of cup creamy cashew butter (dripping moist)
- half of cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/four cup Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- First preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray an eight by eight inch baking dish (with nonstick cooking spray).
- Put all dry elements in a medium bowl and blend. Put apart.
- Then place moist elements in a big bowl and whisk till the whole lot is nicely blended.
- Slowly add dry elements to moist and blend till mixed. Watch out to not combine an excessive amount of.
- Put the dough in a baking dish and unfold it out with a spatula.
- If desired, add a handful of chocolate items.
- Bake at 350ºF for 22-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes after which prime up with a beneficiant quantity of sea salt.
- Reduce into slices and serve!
Suggestions & hints
- Utilizing a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish will cut back your cooking time barely.
Serving measurement: 1/9