Quinoa Enchilada Casserole! A hearty, simple casserole perfect for late summer.
Quinoa Enchilada Casserole! When you love the style of enchiladas then it’s best to do that easy vegetarian casserole. Quinoa, corn, beans, selfmade enchilada sauce, baked to bubbly, tacky perfection. Barely vegan!
Quinoa Enchilada Casserole! This one is for all of the busy dad and mom on the market who need to convey a wholesome, protein- and plant-based meal to the desk with little effort.
My husband is the king of casseroles; All he loves is plates of casserole that he can eat (and heat up) all week. You’ll be able to take the boy out of the Midwest, however you actually cannot take the Midwest out of the boy.
This vegetarian quinoa enchilada casserole is predicated on my instantaneous pot quinoa enchiladas – so lots of you LOVE this recipe, and I wished to make one that you just did not want Instant pot to the.
The way to make quinoa enchilada casserole
This casserole is full of late summer time vibes: corn, zucchini, purple bell peppers, beans, and a selfmade enchilada sauce to coat all of it. I do know the concept of a selfmade enchilada sauce sounds sophisticated, nevertheless it’s actually only a handful of components and some spices. I have not discovered an enchilada sauce that I like out of a can, and this selfmade model is prepared in underneath 10 minutes.
To chop down on the general prep of this recipe, do what I do – triple the sauce recipe and freeze in the event you want further enchilada sauce with no further problem.
Combine the whole lot collectively, pour some extra enchilada sauce over it and canopy with some cheese. We do not eat an excessive amount of milk as of late, however I benefit from the occasional cheese tip. For my vegan mates, you should use a dairy-free model for this. I actually just like the Violife cheese – it is scrumptious! Or you’ll be able to skip all of them collectively.
Though I have not tried it but, I believe that drizzling my vegan cheese sauce after baking would even be a terrific dairy-free different.
Are you able to freeze this casserole?
Sure! As a busy mother, I am an enormous fan of creating double the quantity of such recipes and freezing one. It is also a terrific casserole to provide a brand new mother as a gift (I’ve 20 extra frozen meals concepts right here)
You have got two choices for freezing. You’ll be able to freeze raw after which prepare dinner out of the freezer (that you must add 15-20 minutes longer) or partially prepare dinner, let cool utterly, after which put within the freezer. Thaw within the fridge in a single day and warmth simply earlier than serving.
When freezing a casserole I have a tendency so as to add further sauce and cheese as I need to ensure that there may be loads of each when reheating.
Are you aware what’s the neatest thing about casseroles? They’re very, very conciliatory. You might be welcome so as to add your favourite greens to this quinoa enchilada casserole combine or take away the zucchini and peppers for one thing else.
I’ll often toss in chopped cooked fake rooster (I actually like that of Nothing evil) – actually, so long as it tastes nice whilst you assemble it and you’ve got sufficient sauce to cowl it, you’ll be able to combine and match the components to your coronary heart’s content material! Is not that the very best a part of cooking meals like this?
When you do that quinoa enchilada casserole recipe let me know! Go away a remark, price it and tag yours Instagram Images with #delishknowledge. I completely love See your creations. Have enjoyable cooking!
- 1 cup raw quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 Paprika, diced
- 1 massive zucchini, diced
- half teaspoon every: chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounces) can drain and rinse corn
- 1 Batch selfmade enchilada sauce, within the notes under (or 2 half cups Enchilada sauce)
- half cup grated cheddar cheese of your alternative.
- Put the quinoa and a couple of cups of water in a medium saucepan and produce to a boil. Cut back the warmth to low, then prepare dinner till tender for about 12 minutes. Flip off the range and let it relaxation for 2-Three minutes, then fluff with a fork and place in a big bowl.
- Whereas the quinoa is cooking, make the greens. Warmth the oil in a big warmth frying pan at medium temperature. Prepare dinner the onion, bell pepper and zucchini for approx. 10 minutes till gentle, then sprinkle with chili powder, smoked bell pepper, cumin and 1/four teaspoon salt.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and evenly grease a big baking dish.
- Add the cooked vegetable combination to the bowl together with black beans, corn, and 1 cup of enchilada sauce. Stir collectively, then switch to the ready bowl and canopy with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle cheese on prime, then tent evenly with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then take away the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes till sizzling and bubbly.
Selfmade enchilada sauce: warmth Three tablespoons Oil in a medium saucepan over medium warmth. Add Three tablespoons of flour (gluten-free retains all the meal gluten-free if desired), beat within the oil and prepare dinner till golden brown for 2-Three minutes. Add 1 tablespoon Chili powder, 1 half teaspoons Cumin, half teaspoon Oregano, half teaspoon Garlic powder, 1/four teaspoon Salt, 1/eight teaspoon Cinnamon and 1/four teaspoon Cayenne pepper. Prepare dinner for an additional 30 seconds, then add 1 (15 ounces) can shredded tomatoes and 1 cup Water (or vegetable broth). Deliver to the boil and prepare dinner for about 5 minutes, stirring often, till it has thickened.