The Cancer Diet – 8 Things You Must Eat to Keep Cancer Away
Cancer statistics are exploding. Some studies state that 1 in 2 people will develop some form of cancer during their lifetime. The reality is staggering. Not only is the financial cost of cancer an enormous burden for individuals and society, but the emotional toll is also enormous.
The cure for this disease that plagues and terrifies us is simple. Get the right nutrients into your body every day. Think about it for a moment and really take it in. Your body regenerates almost all of its cells in a 7-10 year cycle. It will use any building materials at its disposal to create these cells. I believe that cells made of artificial dyes, junk food without nutrients, additives and chemicals will be the parent cells of tomorrow’s cancers.
The sooner you start eating better, the better your chances of never getting cancer in the first place. If you already have cancer, you need more help in the form of supplements and changes in your diet. The more damage the cancer has done, the less chance there is of full reversal.
Keeping these points in mind, here are the foods you should be eating to stop this horrible in its tracks.
- broccoli– Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cabbage contain sulforaphane, a compound shown to stop cancer growth.
- tomatoes– Lycopene is just one of the ingredients in this healthy fruit, which has been extensively studied for its disease-fighting properties. People who eat tomatoes at least twice a week have a 33% reduced risk of contracting this plague. (Tomatoes and broccoli eaten together have a greater effect than when eaten separately)
- Mushrooms– Mushrooms contain beta-glucans. Medicinal mushrooms such as red reishi, maitake, shiitake, cordyceps and agaricus blazei have been extensively studied. These mushrooms have been shown in hundreds of thousands of scientific research studies to prevent or cure cancer. In fact, there’s even a patented mushroom extract prescribed by doctors in Asia to complement traditional chemotherapy.
- Green tea– Another gift from our friends in Asia, green tea is packed with catechins and polyphenols… big words that mean big anti-cancer benefits for you.
- Berry– The powerful anthocyanins in berries help stop cancer from growing.
- Salmon– and other fatty fish, as well as olive oil, avocado… all of these are rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are absolutely necessary for cell reproduction and healing, and are sorely lacking in our diets. Make sure you get wild Pacific or Alaskan salmon, as most Atlantic salmon are now farmed, which means they’re also loaded with antibiotics and have fewer omega-3s than their wild counterparts.
- garlic– Proven to reduce the occurrence of gastric, breast and esophageal tumors.
- camu camu– Many people haven’t heard of camu camu or acerola, but I mention them because they are a highly concentrated natural form of vitamin C. You MUST have vitamin C, and plenty of it, if you’re hoping to fight cancer and stay healthy. Vitamin C is absolutely essential to the healing process and a nutrient that is often overlooked. Most people would benefit from large amounts of vitamin C supplementation if these high C fruits (or powders) are not readily available at grocery or health food stores.
I hope you get the idea that an anti-cancer diet consists of real foods. You won’t see Cheez-Stiks or french fries or a bacon double cheese burger on any list of cancer fighters. You need to give your body building blocks and healing nutrients every day and these are naturally supplied to us by the earth.
Eat well and fight cancer.
Thanks to Shelley Penney