The Magical Mustard Seeds
Mustard Seeds, also called Sarso or Rai in Hindi & Gujarati, Katuku in Tamil and Malayalam, Avalu in Telugu, Sarisa in Bengali, Sasive in Kannada and Mohari in Marathi, is a magical spice that not only can enhance the taste of food but it can it also is also very healthy. Mustard seeds have always been known for their medicinal properties. And why not? It’s a super spice packed with a variety of elements that can boost overall health.
Nutritional value of mustard
Mustard is very rich in phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. So it’s no wonder that mustard is called a magic spice. Let’s look at the nutritional value of mustard seeds in detail.
- Mustard seeds contain vitamins such as folic acid, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid, which have a positive effect on the functioning of the nervous system and the body’s metabolism.
- The vitamin B-3 found in mustard helps lower blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Mustard seeds also boast of vitamin E, which is a soluble antioxidant and is responsible for protecting the skin from harmful oxygen free radicals.
- Mustard seeds are rich in flavonoid and carotenoid antioxidants.
- Mustard also contains small traces of vitamin antioxidants.
- Mustard also contains various minerals such as calcium, manganese, copper, iron, selenium and zinc.
Health Benefits of Mustard
- PROVIDES RELIEF FOR RESPIRATORY PROBLEMS: Mustard easily cures sinus problems.
- Heals Migraine Problems: Due to the presence of a good amount of magnesium in mustard seeds, it heals the migraine problem.
- Heals Asthma: Mustard provides relief to asthma sufferers as the various minerals found in this spice help in preventing asthma attacks.
- Relieves joint pain: Selenium and magnesium in mustard reduce joint pain.
- Reduces Constipation: The seeds contain mucilage that helps reduce constipation.
- Reduces Hypertension: It regulates blood flow, thus preventing hypertension from occurring.
- Prevents the formation of hemorrhoids and fissures: A good source of dietary fiber, it improves bowel movements and the body’s metabolism. This also leads to avoidance of hemorrhoids and fissures.
- Treats Cancer: The seeds contain glucosinolates and myrosinase, which help fight various tumors and prevent cancer cells from growing.
- Provides Menopause Relief: The presence of magnesium and calcium also provides menopause relief.
Other benefits of mustard
Apart from that, mustard is good for the skin. It slows down the aging process and fights various skin infections. This is due to the presence of sulfur, which has antifungal properties. Mustard also strengthens hair and limits hair loss.
Organic mustard from Terragreens
Well, when the regular mustard seeds are so good, you can’t imagine how good the organic mustard seeds could be. In fact, Terragreens organic mustard can offer many more benefits, since it is certified according to the NPOP and NOP standards of organic certification.
So what are you waiting for? Go and buy Terragreens Organic Mustard and see its magic in both your food and your health.
Thanks to Karthik Guduru