Chest pain occurs in women at some point in their life. Sometimes it can interfere with daily activities and cause a great deal of anxiety and anxiety in the person who suffers from it. Hence, it is important to know some home remedies that can be used as a basic treatment. If the tips given do not bring relief, this must be discussed with the doctor.
Some of the known and tried home remedies and tips for chest pain should be discussed.
Tips against chest pain –
- Wear a supportive bra – it is important to find the right size and fit, and also use a sports bra when exercising.
- Use less salt – especially just before your period.
- Apply local heat to the painful area. Alternating hot and cold packs can help with peaks in pain.
- Avoiding caffeine has shown significant reductions in chest pain in women who have it frequently.
- Taking fish oil / omega-3 supplements has been shown to be beneficial. Natural food sources include dark green leafy vegetables, sea-raised (“wild”) cold-water fish, flax, walnuts and sesame seeds. Omega-3 dietary supplements are also available by prescription and over the counter.
- Vitamin E has also helped reduce chest pain, so a short-term regimen can be helpful after consulting your doctor.
- Evening primrose oil is now widely recommended for chest pain relief.
- Diet changes such as a low-fat diet are really beneficial.
- If you are taking birth control pills and seem to notice worsening chest pain or tenderness, it is advisable to discuss it with your doctor and find suitable alternatives.
- If you are overweight, losing that excess weight with the help of regular exercise and a healthy diet can really help reduce episodes of chest pain.
- Lower your stress levels through stress management techniques like yoga, breathing exercises, etc. It has been shown to reduce chest pain.
- Smoking can make chest pain worse, it is high time to stop smoking if you have chest pain.
- Stock up on some pain reliever medicines after consulting your doctor if you have very severe episodes of chest pain.
- A gentle massage can help improve blood circulation and reduce inflammation and pain.
- Estrogen dominance in some women causes breast tenderness and pain. Eat lots of fiber to help your body flush out extra estrogen. You can get fiber from cabbage, broccoli, sprouts, legumes, and whole grains.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to help remove toxins from the body.
- Reduce your intake of hydrogenated oils found in margarine, packaged baked goods, and snacks.
Aside from the above tips, it is important for all women to examine their breasts at least once in 2-3 months and feel any difference in the size or shape of your breasts, then it is important to see a doctor.
Written by Dr Afroze Fatima
Thank You For Reading!