7 Powerful Wellness Affirmations For Christian Weight Loss
Your body believes every word you say. I read a book by that title years ago and I believe that statement more than ever. I speak carefully now because I believe your words affect the circumstances. The Bible says life and death are in the power of the tongue (see Proverbs 18:21).
I think about how many times I’ve spoken death rather than life to myself when it comes to my health. When I was in high school, I always said to myself, “I’m fat.” I remember crying when my weight went up to 152. Little did I know it would eventually hit 240 after I graduated from high school!
I am convinced that I predicted these negative results for myself. But what if I had prophesied the positive? I’m sure the results would have been very different. If I had instead said, “I am so happy and grateful now that I created a healthy, fit body,” I think I would have gotten that. Instead, I suffered from obesity for 20 years.
But that was then and that is now.
I have lost 85 pounds and have been on my health journey for over 5 years. I eat healthy and exercise not just because it helps me maintain my weight, but because I see it as the ultimate expression of self-love. And I always speak words of encouragement to myself.
I challenge you to watch your words for the next 90 days. Speak words of life and faith to yourself.
Here are some examples:
- I do what it takes to be healthy (instead of “I’ll try to do what’s right”)
- I can do it (instead of “I can’t do this”)
- I choose to exercise (instead of “I have to exercise”)
- I want to eat foods that make me look and feel good (instead of “I should eat nutritious foods”)
- I am responsible for my health (instead of “It’s not my fault I can’t eat right”)
- I love my body (rather than “I hate my hips/thighs/stomach”)
- I have patience to create my better body (instead of “this is taking too long”)
Changing your words to words that support you rather than sabotage you is one of the quickest ways to change your beliefs. Your beliefs influence your actions, which control your results. If you want a better body, start saying words today that will get you there.
Thanks to Kimberly Floyd