Nose: Patients who have problems with their nasal cavity and sinuses, including chronic sinusitis, asthma and allergies that are persistent and cause difficulty breathing, sleeping and smelling, will see an ENT specialist.
Throat: Patients that have conditions or disorders that affect their throat, such as problems with swallowing or talking, polyps, or chronic tonsillitis, will see an ENT specialist.
There are other ENT conditions that affect the head, face, and neck. In these instances, an ENT specialist is specially trained to perform surgery on these areas to manage deformities, trauma, diseases, and tumors.
You should consider seeing an ENT specialist if you suffer from any of the following:
- Problems with balance and dizziness
- Persistent pain and/or ringing in the ears
- Persistent pain in the throat or nose
- Allergies and sinusitis, including:
- hoarse voice, nasal congestion, sinus problems, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, sinus headaches
- Problems with breathing
- Recurrent ear, nose, or throat infections
If you have any of the above symptoms or conditions, an ENT specialist like Dr. James Danso-Adams may be able to help you find the relief that you need.
One of the most common reasons to see an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor (ENT) in Ghana is because of allergies. In fact, over 50% of issues with sinuses are caused by allergies, and an ENT will offer an allergy test to help narrow down the cause of your discomfort and provide you with relief.