When the temps begin to drop and the leaves begin to change, this Paleo Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips is the reply to your mid-afternoon snack cravings. Made with almond and coconut flours and studded with pecans and darkish chocolate chips, this gluten-free pumpkin bread is scrumptious with a cup of espresso or tea, is freezer-friendly, and makes an awesome reward for a pal or neighbor.
The unique recipe titled Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread was revealed on October 4th, 2018. Pictures and weblog content material up to date on September ninth, 2020. No adjustments have been made to the recipe itself.
‘Tis the Season for Wholesome Pumpkin Bread
With the official begin of fall simply across the nook, it’s time to start out interested by all issues pumpkin. Whereas more healthy variations of pumpkin espresso drinks are good, and a giant bowl of Gradual Cooker Pumpkin Chili all the time hits the spot, nothing beats a giant slice of perfectly-spiced, pecan, and chocolate chip-studded gluten-free pumpkin bread if you need a candy mid-day deal with or an indulgent breakfast bread.
We promise that you simply’re going to like this Paleo Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips and gained’t miss the sugary pre-made slices from the nook espresso store.
This put up incorporates affiliate hyperlinks that gained’t change your value however will share some fee.
What Makes This Pumpkin Bread Recipe Particular?
The web is FULL of pumpkin bread recipes. Nevertheless, that is the recipe we hold coming again to repeatedly, for a couple of causes!
- Naturally (and flippantly) sweetened. Whereas conventional pumpkin bread recipes can include loads of sugar, there’s solely ¼ cup of pure maple syrup on this total loaf. You too can modify the quantity of chocolate chips within the recipe to manage the sugar content material to your liking. We’re additionally utilizing scrumptious fall flavors, like vanilla and heat pumpkin pie spices to naturally sweeten the loaf with out including tons of sugar. It is a wholesome pumpkin bread recipe, nevertheless it’s undoubtedly not bland!
- Gluten-Free and Paleo. As a substitute of all-purpose flour or white complete wheat flour, this recipe combines almond flour and coconut flour to get the proper crumb texture. This mix additionally helps hold the loaf moist for days after baking and makes the loaf pleasant for anybody following a paleo or gluten-free weight loss plan.
- One-Bowl Recipe. As a result of doing dishes is the worst a part of any recipe! Merely mix all of the components in a single bowl, pour right into a loaf pan and also you’re good to go.
- Customizable. That is famous under as nicely, however you may combine and match the wholesome pumpkin bread add-ins to match your loved ones’s preferences! We love the pecan and chocolate chip mixture, however dried cranberries or pumpkin seeds could be scrumptious as nicely!
- Meal-prep pleasant. This recipe freezes extraordinarily nicely, which suggests you may double batch the recipe, take pleasure in a loaf now, and freeze one for later (or reward it to a pal!). You will discover extra directions on the right way to freeze this pumpkin chocolate chip bread under.
What you’ll have to make Paleo Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
- Pumpkin – Canned pumpkin puree is probably the most handy possibility, however well-drained selfmade pumpkin puree or pureed butternut squash can even work. If utilizing the canned model, remember to seize the can that claims ‘pumpkin’ or ‘pumpkin puree’ on the label and never ‘pumpkin pie filling’.
- Maple syrup – Be sure you use pure maple syrup and never maple-flavored pancake syrup, they’re not the identical factor!
- Coconut oil – A neutral-tasting oil akin to avocado oil or sunflower oil can be used or you may exchange the coconut oil with room temperature butter in the event you don’t want the recipe to be dairy-free
- Almond flour – Use finely-ground almond flour for the very best outcomes
- Coconut flour – As a result of coconut flour’s very distinctive properties as a binder in grain-free baked items, we don’t suggest omitting it or changing it with one other kind of flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Floor cinnamon
- Chocolate chips – Mini chocolate chips distribute within the batter extra evenly and gained’t sink to the underside of the loaf pan, however be at liberty to make use of your favourite chocolate chips. You too can substitute dried cranberries or raisins for the chocolate in the event you’d like.
- Pecans – Uncooked or toasted pecans work equally nicely. Chopped walnuts or pumpkin seeds are additionally an awesome possibility!
Shop Thrive Market to get the very best costs on pure, natural, and specialty meals. PLUS get a free reward if you sign-up!
How one can make Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350ºF and put together the loaf pan by both greasing it with coconut oil or lining it with parchment paper for simple removing.
- Step 2: In a big bowl, mix the entire components mixing them till simply mixed. I like to combine collectively my moist components first after which add the dry components to the identical bowl.
- Step 3: Switch the dough to the ready pan. Sprinkle the highest of the batter with extra pumpkin spice, a couple of chopped nuts, and chocolate chips, if desired.
- Step 4: Bake for 50-65 minutes or till the middle is agency. Examine the bread midway by means of the baking time, if the highest begins to get too darkish, lay a chunk of foil excessive
- Step 5: Take away the bread from the oven and permit it to chill for 15-20 minutes within the pan. Then switch it to a wire rack to chill utterly earlier than slicing.
Are pumpkin pie filling and pumpkin puree the identical factor?
No, they don’t seem to be the identical factor. Pumpkin puree, whereas labeled ‘pumpkin’ is definitely a mix of cooked, mashed, and strained squashes (sure, squash – as in butternut, acorn, pumpkin, and many others.) Its consistency is thicker than home-prepared mashed pumpkin or squash so if you wish to make your personal pumpkin puree, remember to place it in a fine-mesh colander to permit a number of the liquid to empty off till it’s the consistency of canned pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin pie filling, then again, can also be a mix of pureed squashes that’s pre-sweetened and blended with cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and ginger. We desire to make use of pumpkin puree over pumpkin pie filling as a result of it permits for extra management over the sweetness of the recipe!
Can I make this wholesome pumpkin bread in a muffin pan?
Sure! This wholesome gluten-free pumpkin bread will be made into 12 muffins as a substitute of a loaf. The oven temperature will keep the identical, however the baking time can be roughly half that of a loaf (20-25 minutes).
How one can Serve this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
This loaf is tender and moist sufficient to eat by itself, plain and easy! You too can toast slices, and unfold with butter or nut butter for a heat and scrumptious variation.
How Ought to I Retailer this Wholesome Pumpkin Bread?
We suggest storing in an hermetic container within the fridge to maintain the bread moist. This bread will final within the fridge 4-5 days (though we’d be shocked if it didn’t get eaten up earlier than then!).
Can I Freeze This Paleo Pumpkin Bread?
Sure! You may both freeze the loaf complete or freeze slices (or muffins individually) by wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap or foil and storing them in a sealed container or zip-top bag for as much as one month. To thaw, merely take away the specified portion from the freezer and permit it to thaw on the counter or within the fridge till prepared to make use of. For quicker thawing, use a microwave or toaster oven.
Different Pumpkin Recipes to Strive:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, mix the entire components. Combine till simply mixed.
- Switch the dough to a greased 8 x 4-inch loaf pan* (or lined with parchment paper for simple removing). Sprinkle with extra pumpkin spice, few chopped nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Bake within the oven for 50-65 minutes (or 40-55 minutes for 9 x 5 pan) or till the middle is agency. Examine bread midway by means of the baking time, if the highest begins to get too darkish, lay a chunk of foil excessive.
- Take away the bread from the oven and permit it to chill for 15-20 minutes within the pan. Utilizing a sizzling pad or oven mitt, maintain the loaf pan in a single hand and use one other to put a wire cooling rack on high of the pan. Then fastidiously flip the pan and rack over to switch the bread to the wire rack to chill utterly earlier than slicing it.
*A 9×5-inch loaf pan can even work however the loaf can be flatter and you’ll need to cut back the baking time by 5-10 minutes.
- Serving Measurement: 1 slice
- Energy: 187
- Sugar: Eight g
- Sodium: 225 mg
- Fats: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: Three g
- Protein: 5 g
Pin it now, Make it later!
Picture Credit score: The images on this weblog put up have been taken by Jess of Plays Well with Butter.
All images and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our images with out prior written permission. When you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your personal distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians.