Should you’re the sweet-and-salty kind then you definitely’re going to like these no-bake Candy & Salty Peanut Butter Bites made with only a handful of pantry staples. They’re the proper little ‘one thing candy’ after-meal deal with or after-school snack. Youngsters love to assist make them nearly as a lot as they like to eat them so enlist their assist and watch these peanut butter bites disappear.
No-Bake Snacks for the Win!
With simply Eight elements and 20 minutes of whole prep time, you’ll be having fun with these chocolate and pretzel-studded peanut butter bites earlier than you understand it. You’ll love the mix of sweet-salty-crunchy and the truth that they are often made nut-free and completely from elements you most likely have already got in your pantry.
We wish to preserve these within the freezer for each time the urge for a little bit one thing candy hits – they usually’re surprisingly scrumptious when loved frozen – however they’ll carry on the counter for as much as Three days and a little bit longer within the fridge. Assuming they don’t disappear shortly after you make them, after all!
This publish comprises affiliate hyperlinks that won’t change your value however will share some fee.
Candy & Salty Peanut Butter Bites Substances
- Rolled oats – In any other case often called ‘old school oats’. Fast oats will work in a pinch however you could want so as to add extra in case your bites are too sticky to roll into balls. Use certified gluten-free oats, if wanted.
- Floor flaxseed – Also called ‘flaxseed meal‘. It is available in each common (brown) and golden that are interchangeable – solely the colour is completely different
- Chia seeds – It’s essential to not use floor chia seeds or the bites will likely be actually sticky. Chia seeds are available in both black and white – they style the identical, solely their colour differs so be at liberty to make use of whichever you’ve gotten readily available
- Creamy peanut butter – Creamy almond butter may even work for a peanut-free choice. Substitute sunflower seed butter for a nut-free choice
- Maple syrup – Be sure you use pure maple syrup and never ‘pancake syrup’ – they’re positively not the identical factor
- Mini chocolate chips – We love these semi-sweet mini chips which can be freed from the High Eight allergens, vegan, and are dairy-free
- Pretzels – Use gluten-free, if wanted (we’ve discovered that this brand of gluten-free pretzels stays the crunchiest in these peanut butter bites and in these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies)
- Flaky sea salt – Common sea salt may even work however when you’ve used sea salt flakes it’s laborious to return!
The right way to Make Candy & Salty Peanut Butter Bites
Step 1: Add the rolled oats to a meals processor or blender and pulse 10-15 occasions. Whereas it might be tempting to skip this step, it’s essential for serving to the bites stick collectively. Add the oats to a big bowl.
Step 2: Place ⅔ cup pretzels into the meals processor or blender and pulse 10-15 occasions or till damaged into small items (this could provide you with roughly ⅓ cup crushed pretzels relying on the dimensions of your pretzels and the way a lot you course of them). Alternatively, you may chop the pretzels into items utilizing a big knife or have the children break them into small items.
Step 3: Add the chopped pretzels to the bowl with the oats then add the remaining elements excluding the ocean salt (flax meal, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla, peanut butter, and chocolate chips).
Step 4: Stir with a big spoon till nicely mixed and a delicate dough varieties. If the dough doesn’t stick collectively when pinched collectively, add 2-Three Tbsp. water (1 Tbsp. at a time) till you’ll be able to simply type a ball while you roll a little bit of the dough in your fingers.
Step 5: Roll dough into 20-24 bites and set onto a plate or a big lidded container that you simply plan to make use of to retailer them. Sprinkle every chew with a little bit flaky sea salt.
Step 6: Take pleasure in!
The right way to Retailer Candy & Salty Peanut Butter Bites
Your bites might be saved in a lined container on the counter for Three days, within the fridge for as much as 1 week or within the freezer for as much as 1 month.
Should you’d wish to freeze your peanut butter bites, we advocate putting them on a baking sheet or plate within the freezer till they’re frozen strong earlier than transferring to a freezer-safe container with a lid or zip-top bag.
To thaw, merely place the specified variety of bites on the counter or within the fridge for 10-30 minutes. Bites may be loved frozen!
- 1 ¾ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter* (could substitute almond butter)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup crushed pretzels, gluten-free if wanted
- Flaky sea salt
- Add the oats to a meals processor or blender. Pulse 10-15 occasions till among the oats are damaged into very small items and others stay comparatively intact. Place them right into a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining elements (besides the flaky sea salt) to the oats within the mixing bowl. Combine nicely to mix with a big spoon.
- With barely damp fingers, roll the dough into balls utilizing about 2 Tbsp of dough per chew. If the bites don’t stick collectively, add 2-Three Tbsp of water (1 Tbsp at a time) and stir till dough sticks collectively when shaped right into a ball.
- As soon as all dough has been rolled out, sprinkle with the flaky sea salt.
*Could substitute sunflower seed butter for a nut-free choice
- Serving Measurement: 1 Bites
- Energy: 132
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 115mg
- Fats: 7g
- Saturated Fats: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Pin it now, Make it later!
All photographs and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our photographs with out prior written permission. Should you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your individual distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians. Thanks!