Make good use of leftover taco meat by giving this straightforward, one-skillet Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash a strive. A tasty and hearty breakfast or weeknight dinner choice. This recipe is meal-prep pleasant and makes for a scrumptious reheat-and-eat meal all through the week. It’s entire30, gluten-free, grain-free, and egg-free (except you prime it with a fried egg after all).
Subsequent time tacos are on the menu, double the meat portion so that you’ve got sufficient leftover to make this Candy Potato Hash recipe.
Make taco evening a cook dinner as soon as, eat twice expertise. Utilizing leftovers to make a wholly completely different meal is a win in my e book. There are limitless methods you’ll be able to take pleasure in leftover taco meat corresponding to in our On the spot Pot Taco Chili, Taco Sizzling Dish, Taco Stuffed Candy Potatoes, or on this Candy Potato Hash recipe.
Taco meat is freezer-friendly and may hold within the fridge for as much as 5-7 days. We wish to plan a conventional model taco evening for dinner after which a number of days later use the taco meat leftovers to make one other scrumptious and straightforward meal. Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash is hearty, flavorful, and made multi function skillet.
Be happy so as to add some warmth with some jalapeño peppers or hold it cool with creamy avocado and cilantro. You may prime your candy potato bowl with no matter sounds good to you corresponding to a fried egg and our Selfmade Guacamole or nothing in any respect, as a result of it’s actually fairly scrumptious by itself. It’s a recipe I do know you’ll love and can take leftover taco meat to the following degree.
This put up comprises affiliate hyperlinks that won’t change your value however will share some fee.
Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash components
Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash is made with lower than 10 components. We wish to hold issues easy round right here with straightforward meals as a result of consuming a healthful and actual meals eating regimen doesn’t should be difficult or require limitless hours within the kitchen.
- Floor beef – should you aren’t utilizing leftover taco meat, you’ll want 1 pound of floor beef or floor turkey. We love ButcherBox for its high quality meat choices.
- Taco seasoning – you should use home made (entire30-friendly) or a pre-made taco seasoning. You’ll not want taco seasoning if utilizing leftover taco meat.
- Olive oil or avocado oil – any cooking fats of alternative will get the job completed.
- Candy potato – one medium to massive candy potato, peeled and minimize into small cubes equaling about 2½ – Three cups. You might additionally use common potatoes.
- Bell pepper – any coloration will work – pink, orange, or yellow.
- Pink onion – be at liberty to substitute with a yellow onion.
- Mushrooms – not a fan of mushrooms, be at liberty to substitute diced zucchini.
- Spinach – kale or every other darkish leafy inexperienced generally is a substitute for the spinach.
- Optionally available Toppings – Contemporary cilantro, inexperienced onions, avocado, guacamole, jalapeños, fried egg, bitter cream, Mexican mix cheese or cotija cheese (omit bitter cream and cheese if dairy-free or Entire30).
For 10% off of all Primal Kitchen merchandise use code: REALFOODRDS
Shop Thrive Market to get the perfect costs on pure, natural, and specialty meals. PLUS get a free present if you sign-up!
Tips on how to make Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash
You’re going to like how fast and straightforward this candy potato skillet is, and if you have already got taco meat kickin’ round within the fridge or freezer, this recipe will take simply 20 minutes. Plus, it’s made all in one-skillet which implies much less dirtying of dishes! This recipe solely requires one skillet, a reducing board and a knife, which makes for a speedy kitchen clean-up.
- Step 1: Place a skillet over medium-high warmth. Add beef, seasonings and water to the pan. Cook dinner till beef is browned. Take away beef from pan, put aside. Skip this step if utilizing leftover taco meat.
- Step 2: In the identical pan the meat was browned in, add ½ tablespoon of oil and warmth over medium till melted and scorching.
- Step 3: Add the diced candy potatoes, sprint with salt and pepper, and sauté for about 10-15 minutes or till simply earlier than totally cooked by means of, stirring sometimes. Add extra oil as wanted.
- Step 4: Add remaining ½ tablespoon of oil in addition to the onions, pink pepper, and mushroom and sauté for about Three minutes or till greens are tender.
- Step 5: Fold in spinach and taco meat and proceed to cook dinner till heated by means of and spinach is wilted.
Serve with toppings of your alternative! A fried egg on prime makes this candy potato breakfast bowl additional scrumptious. Nonetheless, should you’re in search of a tasty and hearty Entire30 Egg-free breakfast recipe, this Tex-Mex Candy Potato Breakfast Hash recipe is for you.
Questioning if you can purchase grass-fed beef? Learn to select high quality pink meat on this put up!
Tips on how to retailer Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash
This recipe could be saved in a container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Merely reheat-and-eat if you’re able to serve it up. To reheat, you are able to do so within the microwave for about 2 minutes or till heated by means of or you’ll be able to warmth it on the stovetop in a lined skillet over medium warmth till heated by means of .
This Entire30 Candy Potato Hash recipe is meal-prep pleasant!
As a result of this recipe reheats nicely and tastes simply nearly as good the following day (or two or three later), it makes for the proper weekend meal prep recipe. I wish to make this recipe throughout considered one of my Sunday meal preps after which divide it amongst 5 glass containers for a simple and scrumptious seize and go meal all through the week.
Tips on how to serve Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash
Listed below are some enjoyable topping concepts so as to add much more taste to this already tasty recipe:
- Contemporary cilantro
- Sliced inexperienced onions
- Sliced jalapeños
- Diced or sliced avocado
- Selfmade Guacamole (nice supply of wholesome fat)
- Pica de gallo
- Contemporary-squeezed lime juice
- Fried egg
- Bitter cream (not Entire30)
- Shredded cheese (not Entire30)
- Black Bean & Corn Salsa (not Entire30)
Searching for steerage with meal planning? Take a look at Real Plans, a extremely customizable on-line meal planning service that features over 300 of our very personal recipes.
Different Candy Potato Hash recipe you’ll love:
- 1 lb. floor beef
- Three Tbsp. taco seasoning (home made or organic store-purchased)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 medium candy potato, peeled and minimize into small cubes (about 2½ – 3 cups)
- 1 candy bell pepper, diced (pink, yellow or orange)
- 1/2 medium pink onion, diced
- 1½–2 cups diced mushrooms, chopped
- 2–3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- Optionally available Toppings: Contemporary cilantro, inexperienced onions, avocado, guacamole, jalapeños, fried egg, bitter cream, mexican mix cheese or cotija cheese (omit bitter cream and cheese if dairy-free/entire30).
- Place a skillet over medium-high warmth. Add beef, seasonings and water to the pan. Cook dinner till beef is browned. Take away beef from pan, put aside. Skip this step if utilizing leftover taco meat.
- In the identical skillet the meat was browned in, add ½ tablespoon of oil and warmth over medium-high till melted and scorching.
- Add diced candy potatoes, sprint with salt and pepper, and sauté for about 10-15 minutes or till simply earlier than totally cooked by means of stirring sometimes. Add extra oil as wanted.
- Add remaining ½ tablespoon of oil in addition to the onions, pink pepper and mushroom and sauté for about Three minutes or till greens are tender.
- Fold in spinach and taco meat and proceed to cook dinner till heated by means of and spinach is wilted.
- Serve with toppings of alternative.
Leftover taco meat works nice. If utilizing, skip steps 1.
- Serving Measurement: 1/6 of recipe
- Energy: 228
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 220 mg
- Fats: 10 g
- Saturated Fats: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: Three g
- Protein: 18 g
Pin now, make later!
Photograph Credit score: The images on this weblog put up have been taken by Jess of Plays Well with Butter.
This put up could comprise affiliate hyperlinks which gained’t change your value however will share some fee.
All images and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our images with out prior written permission. In case you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your individual distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians. Thanks!