Tips to Build Muscles and Good Health

27

Trying to build muscle through overeating without proper nutrition plan and proper exercises is not the answer as it can lead to unintended consequences like belly fat formation and health problems like cholesterol build-up, diabetes and other related diseases. This is especially true for people who lead fast-paced lifestyles and need to eat on-the-go with limited time to keep up with a regular exercise routine.

A holistic approach ensures more sustainable muscle growth, a healthy body weight and good health. Some of the crucial parts of a weight gain program that cannot be overlooked include:

i.) A high-protein diet that provides all the necessary amino acids needed for muscle building. Lean red meat is beneficial for building muscle fast, but since cholesterol is a concern for most of us, it’s good that the diet also includes white meats like chicken, turkey, and fish. Nuts like almonds, walnuts, and pecans are also beneficial as they provide protein as well as healthy fatty acids like omega-3 fatty acids, which are a necessary part of a diet for muscle building. Whey protein tops the list of supplements to consider in this regard.

ii.) A high calorie diet that includes the consumption of low glycemic index carbohydrates such as brown rice, sweet potatoes and whole grain bread will aid in achieving weight gain. This ensures that the body isn’t turning to muscle tissue for energy, thereby thwarting our efforts to build muscle, especially during exercise.

iii.) Creatine is a dietary supplement that helps in rapid muscle growth. This supplement often comes along with some essential amino acids and the sustamine. Creatine improves maximum strength, muscular endurance and anaerobic strength needed for endurance exercise, while Sustamin prevents cell dehydration and ensures muscle replenishment and muscle recovery during and after exercise. Incidentally, skeletal muscle holds 95% of all creatine in the body, while the heart, brain, and testicles hold the remaining 5%.

iv.) High-intensity physical training is the third component of the muscle building program. It is well known that weight gain occurs when the intake of nutritious food is accompanied by appropriate physical exercise that would stimulate protein synthesis. Experts in this field generally agree that the training regimen should be done at least three times a week, and each session should be carried out to the point where the muscles are completely fatigued.

v) Adequate sleep of at least 8 hours per day is an important part of the rapid weight gain program as sleep allows the body to more effectively release the human growth hormone (HGH) necessary for weight gain. If possible, a short afternoon nap could be built into the daily routine. The release of HGH in the body, which enables muscle growth, can be viewed as the repair and recovery function of sleep.

It is true that certain people tend to be fat while others are thin due to genetic factors. This will be the case if they go about their lives without a structured approach to achieving ideal body weight through consuming the right food and supplements, getting enough sleep, and an appropriate exercise routine. In my opinion, anyone who is lean can gain weight, get bigger, and look good with the right nutrition plan with the necessary supplements, an appropriate exercise regimen, and adequate sleep.

Thanks to Vasudiwan Narayanan

Leave a comment
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest health and diet news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More