Cosmopolitan Mutual Health Insurance was established to support the government’s vision of providing affordable, accessible and quality healthcare to the general public. CMHI is licensed by the National Health Insurance Act 650 (2003); and as per the regulations of the act is authorized to undertake the following activities:
To provide, administer and manage private mutual health insurance schemes for corporate institutions and private individuals
To provide Third Party Administration (TPA) and management of healthcare schemes for corporate institutions and private individuals
To provide healthcare Top-Up services to corporate institutions and private individuals and
To provide healthcare cover for dependants of residents and non-resident Ghanaians
The company envisions becoming the preferred choice in the provision of innovative and quality health insurance to both individuals and corporate institutions. CMHI operates with a rich team of professionals in health insurance management, a dedicated staff, and a network of competent service providers in serving its prestigious scheme members. At CMHI, we keep our members healthy all the time by focusing on prevention and wellness with periodic education of our members.
Cosmopolitan Health Insurance seeks to transform the health care experience through a culture of excellence, care, quality service and innovation.
Cosmopolitan’s mission is to provide the highest levels of coverage possible to our clients. We work to ensure that our insurance products are of the highest standard possible and our plans provide high levels of flexibility with comprehensive coverage.
Cosmopolitan understand the partnership and commitment that it accepts at providing excellent services to its clients with its premium based health packages. The following core values will underpin Cosmopolitan’s service delivery.
Customer service relationship
The main core objective of CHI is to change the phase of health insurance in Ghana whiles making healthcare accessible and affordable to our scheme members.
We also aim at making prompt payment of claim to our service providers, so as to ensure continuous provision of service to our insured clients. Cosmopolitan Health Insurance will ensure optimal satisfaction to our clients and this will be achieved with an established Customer Service Relationship teams that will manage the accounts of our clients.
Cosmopolitan will maintain the highest principles of integrity, accountability, client privacy and confidentiality which shall be at the core of its business dispensation. At Cosmopolitan we understand that our client’s information are sensitive and as such our team of professional human resource will ensure that information of clients are protected with utmost care.
CMHI provides all-inclusive benefit packages to its scheme members. These include consultation, medication, laboratory, investigations, medical and surgical procedures, optical and dental services. Our benefit packages are flexible and can be customized to suit the health needs or policies of corporate institutions.
Our employees who process claims have a long history of fast service. About 90% of all health claims are processed within 10 working days or less.
COSMOPOLITAN HEALTH INSURANCE ANNUAL BENEFITS
Cosmopolitan Health Insurance shall not be liable for payments in respect of the following:
- Treatment which involves Rehabilitation other than Physiotherapy
- Treatment for purely Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic purposes
- Assisted Reproduction and Infertility Treatment (e.g. artificial insemination and gynecological hormone replacement therapy)
- Diagnosis and Treatment Overseas.
- Medical examination for non – medical purposes (e.g. Visa application, loan application, driving license etc).
- Medical screening for any purpose; and medical reports.
- Payment for blood donation, allied procedure and items for domestic use.
- Mortuary Services.
- Treatment available as free public healthcare services (e.g. Immunizations, Family Planning, Treatment of Tuberculosis, Onchocerciasis, Buruli Ulcer, Trachoma, Voluntary HIV tests).
- Intentional self – injury or illness resulting from alcoholism and drunkenness or drug addiction or the use of drugs not medically prescribed.
- Any expenses incurred in connection with injury or illness caused or contributed to by war or invasion or whilst engaging or taking part in Military, Naval, or Air Force service or operation or riot or civil commotion or demonstration.
- Any contingency arising whilst any member insured under this policy is outside the geographical limits of Ghana.
- Chiropractic, Acupuncture procedures etc.
- Sexual and erectile dysfunction
- Family planning, contraception.
- Dietary Supplement including Slimming Tablets.
- Chronic Kidney Dialysis, Cardiac surgery, Brain Surgery and Spinal Surgery.
- Dental (Cosmetic dental services, Bridges, Crowns, dentures, Braces.
ADDRESS: Pawpaw Street, House No:, E658 East Legon Accra, Ghana
Office Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Office Line: +233 (0) 302 540668
Email: [email protected]
(233) 262 761515 / 262 762424
- POSTAL ADDRESS
P.O Box CT 8267,
CANTOMENTS, Accra Ghana