MaPomDen health And Diet Blog
The Complementary Alternative Medicine, Natural Health And Diets Blog

10 Steps to Reach Your Fitness Goals

0 32

Summer is fast approaching and the beaches will soon be welcoming bikinis and swimming trunks. Are you ready? Don’t worry. If you’re not ready to brave the crowds that flock to the beaches, here’s a plan to get you in shape.

Step #1 Start by setting your specific fitness goals

A. Make sure your goals are realistic. You can safely lose 1-2.5 pounds a week. So a realistic goal would be: “I want to lose 30 pounds by August 1, 2009. That would be a realistic goal.

Step #2 Set a realistic target date

A. Losing weight should be a long-term goal for a healthy lifestyle. Remember to set great food and exercise habits that will last a lifetime.

B. Changing your lifestyle can be very stressful at first; Stress levels increase when you add the weight of an unattainable goal. Setting unrealistic weight loss dates can lead to frustration that makes you want to give up.

You May Like These

Step #3 Make sure your goals are your personal goals

A. Decide for yourself what you want. Is it living with improved overall fitness or lower blood pressure? Know that the goals you set for yourself do not reflect what others have set for you.

B. The pressure to start a new program combined with the expectations of others can often be overwhelming. Only share your goals with people you think will encourage and support you. If you find yourself in an environment where others do not support your efforts, DO NOT share your goals with them. Misery loves company. So surround yourself with positive people.

Step #4 is easy. Write down your goals

A. Be creative in presenting your goals.

B. Find colored paper to bring your goals to life.

Step #5 Post your goals and images

A. Place your goals where you can see them on a daily basis. Stick your goals on your fridge, bathroom door, office computer, work station or car dashboard. Set your goals wherever you spend a lot of time.

B.Visualization is 8 times faster than auditory learning. Use visual stimuli that include photos or the bikinis/swim trunks you eyed.

Step #6 Plan your meals accordingly

A. Part of a good plan starts today. Make a schedule that includes meal prep time.

B. Don’t use your schedule as an excuse to stop at the local fast food joint to get Combo #1.

C. Never skip a meal. The most important meal of the day is breakfast. No, not Krispy Kremes and Starbucks, they are not a great way to start the day. Skipping meals during the day slows down your metabolism. When your metabolism slows, your body burns fewer calories, thereby storing unnecessary fat. The reality is that in order to safely lose weight, you need to eat healthy.

Items to Include Items to Exclude

Anything Baked, Grilled or Grilled Anything Fried

Protein from chicken or fish, tuna soda

Low fat cheese

water, water and water juice

Wholemeal white bread

Fresh Steamed Vegetable White Rice

olive oil butter

protein tap water

sweet potatoes


Step 7 Write down your action plan (practice)

A. To achieve your goal, you must have a plan of action.

B. Decide what steps are necessary to achieve your fitness goals.

C. OK, you’ve written your goals and meal plan. The next

Step is to plan your routine for exercise. Cardiovascular activities may include

one or more of the following:

1. Brisk walking while pumping your arms as if you were running

2. Skipping rope

3.Walk-run combination

4. Rollerblading

5. Pilates, yoga



8. Take your dog for a walk

9. Jogging

10. Dancing

Beginners 10-15 minutes

Intermediate 20-30 minutes

Advance 30-60 minutes

Step #8 Key to Your Success

What you eat is 80% of your success rate. The other 20 percent is how to change your lifestyle to incorporate physical activity. Before beginning any fitness program, please consult a physician.

Step #9 Be patient

A. Wondering how long it took you to gain weight? If you’re more than 2-3 years old on average, it’s realistic that you’ve developed bad habits over time. So it takes at least 6 months to develop healthier habits.

B. Self-Discipline and Follow Thru are the two most difficult things to achieve in weight loss. Know that you will have good days and bad days, and some days in between. But reward yourself by knowing you’re doing something you can pass on to your kids: you and a healthy lifestyle.


Thanks to Madison Chase

Leave a comment
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest health and diet news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More