Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A healthy breakfast improves blood sugar levels, boosts metabolism, and reduces the desire to snack throughout the day. Studies now show that people who eat a healthy breakfast are slimmer than those who skip breakfast.
Here are 5 healthy breakfast ideas to get you started today:
1. Super Quick Omelet: Ingredients: 2 eggs, 2 ounces diced turkey bacon, and ¾ cup chopped spinach. Method: Beat the eggs until light and fluffy. Add bacon and spinach and mix until all ingredients are well combined. Place the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for a minute, add a slice of whole wheat toast and you have the perfect breakfast to start your day.
2. Strawberry Smoothie: Smoothies are quick, easy to make, and great for when you have to get up and go. Ingredients: 1 cup low-fat milk, 1 cup strawberries, ½ cup yogurt, and 4 ice cubes. Preparation: Put all the ingredients in the blender on the highest level and blend until smooth. Pour it into your favorite mug and enjoy.
3. Lean Mean Veggie And Cheese Wrap: Wraps are quick, healthy, and a great way to start the day. Ingredients: 1 flour tortilla, 1 cup cooked mixed vegetables of your choice, 2 tablespoons shredded low-fat cheddar cheese. Preparation: Place the tortilla on a plate and spread the cheese over it. Microwave the tortilla on medium heat for 40 seconds. Add the vegetables, roll the tortilla and eat hot.
4. Quick Fruit Salad and Yogurt: Fruit salad and yogurt should be at the top of the list as an all-time breakfast favorite. Ingredients: 1 small banana, 1 small apple, ½ cup mixed frozen berries, and 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt. Preparation: Cut the banana and apple into thin slices and place in a bowl. Add the berries and mix the ingredients together. Top up the fruit salad with the vanilla yoghurt and enjoy.
5. Homemade muesli: Low in fat, high in fiber and prepared as you wish. Ingredients: ½ cup lightly toasted rolled oats, 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, 1 tablespoon juicy raisins, ¼ cup dried banana and pineapple chips, ¾ cup skimmed milk. Method: Place all ingredients in a bowl, stir until combined. Add the milk and start your day the right way.
Now you have 5 healthy breakfasts for your work week. Each recipe takes just a few minutes to prepare. A healthy breakfast is a great start to the day and gets your metabolism going.
Thanks to Joel Gray