Spice has its own flavor and essence. They are always very important when taken as food or medicine. There are many spices that we use in cooking, mainly cumin, black pepper, turmeric and coriander seeds. Spices have several health benefits. Sometimes the spices are used as an antimicrobial property for infectious diseases. Spices are used in foods for their aroma and flavor. These spices are also boiled in water to extract their essence and used for drinking
Spices are also used to cure diseases such as fever, malaria, abdominal pain, nausea and many others. Spices are also used as natural food preservatives.
BENEFITS OF SPICES:
1.ANIS: it is used as an antispasmodic and antiseptic, and to treat coughs, asthma, and bronchitis. Star anise is rich in antioxidants and vitamins A and C.
2. BLACK PEPPER Also known as the king of spices, it promotes weight loss, helps with colds and coughs, improves digestion, boosts metabolism and treats many skin conditions.
3. BLACK CUMIN Black seed oil helps prevent asthma, allergies and respiratory problems. It contains antioxidants, beneficial acids and B vitamins that help balance the immune system
4. CARNATION – They are antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic. Cloves are mainly used as an antiseptic and pain reliever, especially for toothache and stomach pain.
5.CINNAMON- It is one of the most important household condiments of all time. It has a large number of antioxidants that protect the body from diseases.
6. CARDAMOM- Also known as Elaich, one of the most expensive spices. It is rich in vitamin A and vitamin C, calcium, iron and zinc, helps in digestion, reduces oral problems, helps with diabetes, helps fight depression, treats skin infections.
7. Fenugreek- It helps with digestion. And helps those suffering from eating disorders and also reduces inflammation.
8.mustard- This seed comes from the ground and has a spicy taste. Including mustard oil in your diet has been shown to be beneficial for your heart health.
9.STAR ANISE– It is high in fiber and can help prevent constipation. It is packed with antioxidant properties that include vitamin C. Anise is commonly used as an exotic spice in India. Due to its strong, delightful fragrance, it is mainly used in biryanis
10.TURMERIC This spice is known for its antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, anticarcinogenic, antimutagenic, and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s good for your brain, relieves arthritis, prevents cancer, and has healing properties.
11. PAPRIKA- Rich in anti-inflammatory compounds, capsicum helps lower blood pressure and promotes eye health.
Thanks to Indu Dennis