This Mediterranean Steak Bowl with Herbed-Yogurt Dressing is proof that meals served in bowls simply tastes higher. A mattress of crisp greens and veggies gives the right distinction to creamy hummus, candy grilled tomatoes, and tender steak. And the dressing plus a sprinkle of salty feta cheese brings all of it collectively for a restaurant-quality meal at residence.
All of the textures + All of the flavors
Layering textures and flavors might be the perfect half about ‘bowls.’ It makes each chunk just a bit totally different to maintain issues fascinating. On this Mediterranean Steak Bowl with Herbed-Yogurt Dressing, completely grilled steak is offered on a mattress of crisp romaine lettuce and a silky swirl of garlicky hummus whereas charred pink onions and blistered cherry tomatoes combine with crunchy, cool cucumbers for a wholesome dose of veggies in a rainbow of colours. And if that garlicky hummus wasn’t sufficient, you’ll additionally discover a handful of briny kalamata olives and a sprinkle of salty feta together with contemporary mint and a beneficiant squeeze of lemon – all of it comes collectively so superbly, as you’ll see.
And it will get even higher.
The Herbed-Yogurt Dressing may appear sort of ‘further’ with all the things that’s already occurring right here, however belief me, it’s simply the factor to tie all of it collectively and it additionally makes a fantastic veggie dip for snacking later within the week in case you occur to have any leftover (or resolve to make a double batch, which is a very good thought).
This submit comprises affiliate hyperlinks that received’t change your value however will share some fee.
Mediterranean Steak Bowl Elements
- Flank steak – May substitute NY strip or sirloin steak or use your favourite reduce. Rooster will also be used instead of steak if desired.
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Pink onion – Could substitute a yellow or candy onion
- Romaine lettuce – Any sort of salad inexperienced will work so use what you might have readily available or what you want (inexperienced or pink leaf, spinach, child kale, ‘energy’ greens, and many others.)
- Kalamata olives – Search for pitted, sliced olives to chop down on prep time
- Hummus – Use our selfmade garlic hummus or use your favourite store-bought hummus of selection
- Feta cheese
- Oil – We suggest avocado oil or olive oil (Save 10% on all Primal Kitchen with code REALFOODRDS)
- Plain yogurt – To make this dairy-free, substitute your favourite plain, unsweetened non-dairy yogurt or canned coconut cream (and omit the feta cheese)
- Oregano – Use contemporary or dried
- Dill – Use contemporary or dried
- Mint – Use contemporary or dried
- Salt & Pepper
Different Gadgets You’ll Want:
- Skewers – If utilizing wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water for at the least 30 minutes earlier than grilling. We love these metal skewers as a result of they’re reusable and no soaking required!
- Grill or Oven with broiler
- Giant, rimmed baking sheet
Wish to know extra about Select High quality Pink Meat? Try this submit
Make Mediterranean Steak Bowls
Step 1: Make the Herb-Yogurt Dressing by combining the entire dressing substances collectively in a small bowl. Refrigerate till prepared to make use of.
Step 2: Preheat the grill (or broiler) then prep the steak by patting it dry with paper towels and sprinkling either side with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Thread the tomatoes and onions onto the skewers. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step 4: Grill (or broil) the steak and veggie skewers till the steak is cooked to your liking and the greens evenly charred.
Step 5: Whereas the steak and veggies are cooking, assemble the bowls by putting a dollop of hummus in every bowl then layering the salad greens, cucumbers, olives, and feta cheese.
Step 6: Whereas the steak rests, slide the veggies off the skewers into the bowls. Thinly slice the steak throughout the grain and divide it among the many bowls. Drizzle with herb-yogurt dressing and luxuriate in.
Prep Mediterranean Steak Bowls Forward of Time
As a result of this Mediterranean Steak Bowl is extra salad than not, it’s good for meal prepping and since all the things could be served chilly there’s no must reheat – simply eat! Right here’s learn how to make it meal-prep pleasant for these weeks when you understand you’ll want a fast dinner or lunch:
- Grill the steak and veggies (tomatoes and onions). As soon as the steak has rested, been sliced, and allowed to chill, place it in a coated container within the fridge together with the grilled veggies.
- Chop the cucumbers and romaine lettuce. Retailer in coated containers within the fridge till prepared to make use of.
- Make the Herbed-Yogurt Dressing and retailer in a coated container within the fridge (we like mason jars with these lids for easy, leak-proof pouring) for as much as 5 days.
- Whip up a batch of our 5-Ingredient Straightforward Garlic Hummus and retailer within the fridge for snacking and these bowls (it makes a bunch and it’s far more budget-friendly than these little tubs within the retailer).
When it’s time to serve, simply assemble your Mediterranean Steak Bowl with Herbed-Yogurt Dressing in response to the recipe instructions beneath and luxuriate in. The bowls may be absolutely assembled forward of time in and saved in glass meal prep containers like these for a fast grab-and-go lunch.
Really easy, what are you ready for?
For the Bowls:
- 1 lb. flank steak (might substitute NY strip or sirloin steak)
- 1 pint (10 ounces) grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ medium pink onion, peeled and reduce into 1-inch items
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (~10-12 cups)
- 1 massive cucumber, chopped
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 cup garlic hummus (or store-bought hummus of selection)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Skewers for veggies
- 2 tsp. oil of selection (equivalent to avocado oil or olive oil)
- Lemon wedges and/or torn contemporary mint leaves for garnish (optionally available)
For the Herbed-Yogurt Dressing:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 massive clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chopped contemporary mint (or ½ tsp dried mint)
To make the dressing:
- Mix all dressing substances in a small bowl and whisk to mix. Retailer within the fridge till prepared to make use of, as much as 5 days.
To make the bowls:
- Preheat grill to excessive warmth (about 450℉).
- Pat the steak dry with paper towels and sprinkle either side with salt and pepper.
- Thread cherry tomatoes and quartered onions onto skewers, brush with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When the grill is sizzling, place flank steak and tomato and onion skewers on the grill. Grill veggies, turning often, for 5-Eight minutes or till onions are softened and tomatoes begin to blister.
- Grill the steak for 4-5 minutes, then flip and grill a further 4-5 minutes for medium-rare (6-7 minutes per facet for medium) or till an instant-read thermometer reads 140℉ for medium-rare or 150℉ for medium.
- Take away steak to a plate and canopy loosely with one other plate, or oil and permit steak to relaxation for 10 minutes earlier than slicing thinly towards the grain.
- Whereas the steak rests, divide chopped romaine between Four plates or shallow bowls. High with sliced steak, grilled greens, hummus, chopped cucumbers, olives, and feta cheese.
- Drizzle with Herbed-Yogurt Dressing and garnish with lemon wedges and/or torn contemporary mint leaves
If you happen to don’t have a grill, you should utilize the broiler:
Set the broiler to excessive and place the highest oven rack 6-Eight inches from the broiler. Place the steak and veggie skewers on a big, rimmed baking sheet and broil till steak is to your liking and veggies are barely charred. Cooking time might range from the instructions for grilling relying on how sizzling the broiler is.
- Serving Measurement: ¼ recipe
- Energy: 513
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 819mg
- Fats: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 37g
Pin it now and make it later!
Picture Credit score: The photographs on this weblog submit have been taken by Jess of Plays Well with Butter.
All photographs and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our photographs with out prior written permission. If you happen to want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your individual distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians. Thanks!